Build a Career at the YMCA of Steuben County
YMCAs are homes away from home for thousands of young people developing their personal identity and dreaming about the future. Why not give back to your community and to the world through a career at the YMCA of Steuben County.
- a job that offers meaningful work in a fun, supportive environment.
- a position that suits your unique talents and interests.
- a career path to develop strong professional skills.
- a caring organization with opportunities for growth.
- to Learn, Lead, Serve at the YMCA of Steuben County.
Click Here to Download our Employment Application.
LOCAL YMCA CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Job Title: Member Services Representative
Senior Program Director, Membership
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guests needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guest and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with members services.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal problem solving skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- previous customer service, sales or related experience
- Basic knowledge of computers.
A completed job application is required and is available for download or at the front desk of the YMCA of Steuben County, 500 E. Harcourt Rd, Angola, IN 46703
Job Title: Lifeguard
Provides accident prevention and enforce pool rules while maintaining a safe aquatics environment. A lifeguard must keep all certifications current. A lifeguard is responsible for the safety of all swimmers in their area.
- Model the YMCA mission statement and core values at all times
- Builds relationships with YMCA members and participants.
- Supervise all patrons in and around the pool area.
- Responsible for the safety of all participants in and about the pool area.
- Able to make sound judgments in an emergency situation.
This position requires the minimum age of 16 years. Candidates must possess the knowledge and skills to maintain a safe aquatic facility and respond effectively to an emergency situation.
The following certifications must be current:
- YMCA Lifeguard (ARC will be accepted at time of hire, but YMCA Lifeguard must be obtained within 60 days of hire.)
- Professional or Health Care Provider level CPR/AED, Oxygen Administration, First Aid.
- Calculate pool participation, Communicate well with patrons
- Do necessary pool cleaning such as washing windows; squeegee the pool floor, clean gutters and shine up the pool edge and hand rails.
- Help with instructing and private swimming lessons
- Attend all mandatory meetings or workshops
A completed job application is required and available at the front desk of the YMCA of Steuben County, 500 E. Harcourt Rd, Angola, IN 46703
Volunteers are an essential part of our YMCA organization. They multiply our effectiveness in the community and allow more people access to what the YMCA offers. There are so many ways to help and give back to the community. Please contact the YMCA for more information.
- Helping with a Bulletin Board
- Member Services
- Helping with Special Events
- Reading to a child in Child Watch
- Helping with an Aerobics Class
- Swim Lesson Assistant
- Mailings to our Members
- Youth Sports Coach
If you are interested in shaping the lives of the children in our community, contact Racheal Benner for more information. We need coaches for various days and times. Pick up a Volunteer application at the front desk.
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening our community.